2012 Year in review : Preventing chronic disease : public health research, practice, and policy
Corporate Authors:National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (U.S.) ; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.) ;
Description:This has been a transformative year for Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD). The journal has developed in its innovative use of technology and has also implemented a progressive editorial process that continues to focus on producing content of the highest quality. We look forward to a productive 2013 and will continue working to increase the high quality standards of PCD.
2012 Accomplishments Timeline:
January – PCD reduces turnaround time from acceptance to publication by implementing a continuous publication model, publishing articles each week rather than holding and bundling articles to publish in bimonthly issues.
• March – The journal begins offering monthly Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits in partnership with Medscape.
• May – PCD releases podcast of board member Dr Shiriki Kumanyika discussing her role in HBO’s ground-breaking documentary series on obesity in America, “The Weight of the Nation.”
• July – The journal receives its first impact factor of 1.819, one of the highest debuts in public health journals.
• September – Editor in Chief Sam Posner conducts podcast interview with Drs Giridhar Mallya and James Marks regarding childhood obesity.
• October – PCD is the first CDC journal to launch iPhone and iPad applications.
• November – PCD’s total reach, including Web views, RSS feeds, and iPad app traffic, triples since the beginning of 2012.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: