Could it be Ebola?
Up-to-Date Info:To find the latest CDC information on this topic go to: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Think Ebola -- Evaluate the patient -- Consult with public health -- Care carefully.
Could it be Ebola? Fillable PDF with field for local health department contact information
What SHOULD be done for a patient under investigation (PUI) for Ebola virus disease?
1. Activate the hospital preparedness plan for Ebola.
2. Isolate the patient in a separate room with a private bathroom.
3. Ensure standardized protocols are in place for PPE use and disposal.
4. Interview the patient for symptoms, contacts and travel history.
5. Consider and evaluate for all potential alternative diagnoses.
6. Ensure patient has the ability to communicate with family.
What SHOULD NOT be done for a patient under investigation (PUI) for Ebola virus disease?
1. Don’t have any physical contact with the patient without putting on appropriate PPE.
2. Don’t neglect the patient’s medical needs.
3. Don’t forget to evaluate for alternative diagnoses.
4. Don’t perform elective tests or procedures.
5. Don’t allow visitors without putting on appropriate PPE.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: