Health care workers : could it be Ebola?
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Think Ebola IF -- Evaluate the patient -- Counsult with public health.
Patient care checklist for patients under investigation for Ebola virus disease
• Isolate the patient in a separate room with a private bathroom.
• Activate the hospital preparedness plan for Ebola.
• Ensure standardized protocols are in place for PPE use and disposal.
• Wear appropriate PPE when in physical contact with the patient.
• Attend to the patient’s medical needs.
• Consider and evaluate patient for alternative diagnoses.
• Obtain detailed information about symptoms, contacts, and travel history.
• Perform only necessary tests and procedures.
• Ensure patient has the ability to communicate with family.
• Allow visitors only if they are wearing appropriate PPE.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: