The Power of Preparedness : National Preparedness Month 2016
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.). Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response.
Series:National Preparedness Month
Description:Global : Prepare Globally
• The world has come together to better prevent, detect, and respond to health threats.
• About 2/3 of the world remains unprepared to handle a public health emergency.
Country : Prepare to Respond
• Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) bring experts together to make decisions quickly in emergencies.
• The CDC EOC has been activated more than 90% of the time in the last 7 years.
State : Prepare Locally
• Preparing today can reduce the impact of future disasters.
• Nearly 2000 U.S. emergency responders have been trained in how to get critical medicines through the Strategic National Stockpile
Community : Prepare Together
• In times of crisis communities have to help one another
• Only 34% of people reported having volunteered to help during a disaster.
Individual : Prepare Yourself
• Plan for what to do in an emergency.
• Over 60% of people do not have an emergency plan that they have discussed with their household.
Publication date from document properties.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: