Clean hands count
Series:Clean hands count
Description:Patients and visitors fact sheet.
Most germs that cause serious infections in healthcare are spread by people's actions.
Know the truth to protect yourself from serious infections.
• On average, healthcare providers clean their hands less than half of the times they should.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer kills most of the bad germs that make you sick.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer does not kill C. difficile.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer does not create antibiotic-resistant superbugs.
• Your hands can spread germs.
This material was developed by CDC. The Clean Hands Count Campaign is made possible by a partnership between the CDC Foundation and GOJO.
Publication date from document properties.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: