Influential news ; January 2016
Published Date:January 2016
Series:Influential news ; January 2016
Description:NIVDP Partners Promote Flu Vaccination Benefits for NIVW
In this issue, we highlight notable events organized by NIVDP members in support of National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW), December 6 through 12, 2015, to promote flu vaccination among Hispanics and African Americans. Partners who collaborated during NIVW include state and local health departments, immunization coalitions, state-elected officials, hospitals, pharmacies, community centers, churches, and schools.
Partner activities included:
• The first Flu Vaccine Day in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, which was coordinated by partners and Walgreens;
• Faith-based flu vaccination events organized by NIVDP partners, Ecclesia Christian Fellowship Church and Spirit of Love Christian Church in San Bernardino, California, that serve the African American community;
• A recognition event for local flu vaccination heroes at Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine in Riverside, California;
• Multiple events in Las Vegas including a recognition event at East Valley Community Center, an open house at Clark County Fire Station 1, and flu vaccination events at Easy Valley Family Resource Center and St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church;
• A community event at Esperanza College in Philadelphia that was coordinated by Enroll America and Cognosante, to educate students on the importance of flu vaccination; and
• Multiple events in Flint/Genesee County, Michigan, including a press conference at Hamilton Community Health Network, an educational symposium at Antioch Missionary, and a health fair at Bethel United Methodist Church.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: