Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response Division of Strategic National Stockpile
Published Date:June 2014
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.). Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response., Division of Strategic National Stockpile.
Keywords:Anti-Infective Agents/supply & Distribution
Communicable Disease Control/organization & Administration
Disaster Planning/organization & Administration
Drugs, Essential/supply & Distribution
Emergency Medical Services/organization & Administration
National Health Programs
Regional Medical Programs
Vaccines/supply & Distribution
Description:Role in Public Health Preparedness and Response -- Operating the Strategic National Stockpile -- Providing Technical Assistance to State and Local Public Health Departments.
The mission of the Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS) is to prepare and support partners and provide the right materiel at the right time to secure the nation’s health. DSNS achieves this mission by:
• Operating and maintaining the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS)
• Working within the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasure Enterprise to ensure the most appropriate countermeasures are available for a variety of public health threats
• Creating pathways to quickly and efficiently move medical countermeasures to an area of need
• Providing technical assistance through guidance and training to state and local public health departments on how to receive, distribute, and dispense medical counter- measures
• Coordinating with public and private partners to build resilient communities and encouraging integrated response planning among public health, healthcare, and emergency management sectors
Medical countermeasures, when combined with federal, state, and local technical expertise to distribute and dispense them effectively to the public, ensure that communities are prepared and key medical supplies are available during public health emergencies.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: