Steps in an outbreak investigation
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases.
Description:A foodborne outbreak investigation goes through several steps. They are described here in order, but in reality investigations are dynamic and several steps may happen at the same time.
• Detect a possible outbreak
• Find cases in an outbreak
• Generate hypotheses through interviews
• Test hypotheses through analytic studies and laboratory testing
• Solve point of contamination and original source of outbreak vehicle
• Control outbreak through recalls, facility improvements and industry collaboration
• Decide an Outbreak is over
Called also: Multistate and nationwide foodborne outbreak Investigations : a step-by-step guide; and: Steps in investigating foodborne outbreaks.
Publication date from document properties.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: