The Raw story : some frozen chicken entrees look like they’re cooked—but they’re not!
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.) ; National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases. ;
Description:Handle raw frozen chicken—including frozen meals, entrees, and appetizers—the same way you handle raw fresh chicken to prevent foodborne illness:
1. Read the package carefully.
2. Follow cooking instructions exactly as written.
3. Use a food thermometer to check doneness (165°F for chicken).
4. Clean and disinfect any surfaces and utensils that touched the raw product.
5. Wash your hands with soap and water after handling the raw product.
Learn more: www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/prevention
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: