THRIVES : core strategies to prevent violence against children
Corporate Authors:National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (U.S.). Division of Violence Prevention.
Description:THRIVES at a glance:
• THRIVES is a group of strategies that are effective in preventing violence against children.
• These multi-sector THRIVES strategies can help countries link national data from Violence Against Children Surveys to scalable and sustainable action.
• CDC, PEPFAR, UNICEF, USAID, and the WHO all recognize most of the THRIVES strategies as being critical components.
• T – Training in parenting
• H – Household economic strengthening
• R – Reduced violence through legal protection
• I – Improved services
• V – Values and norms that protect children
• E – Education and life skills
• S – Surveillance and evaluation
You May Also Like: