Criteria for the processing of dengue samples at the CDC Dengue Branch, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Published Date:January 19, 2012
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases. Dengue Branch.
Description:The CDC Dengue Branch provides dengue testing free of cost to submitting physicians, state and private laboratories. To adequately determine what laboratory tests are necessary, correctly provide a clinical diagnosis and to assure that test results are received by the requesting physician, the following information is essential:
• Complete name, age and sex of the patient
• Home address
• Date of onset of symptoms
• Date that sample was obtained
• If the patient traveled prior to disease presentation, travel destination and dates need to be included.
• Complete name and mailing address of the physician, laboratory, clinic or hospital that the result should be sent to.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: