Antibiotic Resistance Solutions Initiative : $264M : a comprehensive response
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion.
Description:Antibiotic resistance, when bacteria don’t respond to the drugs designed to kill them, threatens to return us to the time when simple infections were often fatal. To address this threat, CDC and public health partners must fully implement the National Strategy for Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria.
The national strategy identifies five core actions:
• Slow the Development of Resistant Bacteria and Prevent the Spread of Resistant Infections
• Strengthen National One-Health Surveillance Efforts to Combat Resistance
• Advance Development and Use of Rapid and Innovative Diagnostic Tests for Identification and Characterization of Resistant Bacteria
• Accelerate Basic and Applied Research and Development for New Antibiotics, Other Therapeutics, and Vaccines
• Improve International Collaboration and Capacities for Antibiotic Resistance Prevention, Surveillance, Control, and Antibiotic Research and Development
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: