Road to health resource guide
Published Date:October 2008
Corporate Authors:National Diabetes Education Program (U.S.) ; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.) ; National Institutes of Health (U.S.)
Series:Road to health toolkit
Description:How to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in your community : a resource guide for community health workers.
This guide provides resources recommended by the National Diabetes Education Program’s (NDEP) African American/African Ancestry and Hispanic/Latino Work Group member organizations on health, nutrition, and physical activity. Several resources offer educational materials and support to the general public, including people who have diabetes or are at risk for developing it. Some others are geared toward health care professionals.
The resources in the guide are divided into the following sections:
• NDEP resources information and publications list.
• Other federal government organizations dedicated to diabetes prevention, weight loss, and physical activity.
• National volunteer and professional organizations.
• Web sites geared toward people already diagnosed with diabetes.
• Additional Web site resources.
• Meal planning resources.
Suggested citation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Road to Health Resource Guide. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2008.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: