Lyme disease prevention fact sheet for outdoor workers
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Vector Borne Diseases. Bacterial Diseases Branch.
Series:Ticks and Lyme disease
Description:How to prevent tick bites when working outdoors -- How to remove a tick -- When to see your doctor -- Antibiotics are used to treat Lyme disease -- Looking ahead to recovery -- Additional information.
Ticks can spread disease, including Lyme disease. Protect yourself:
• Use insect repellent that contains 20 - 30% DEET.
• Wear clothing that has been treated with permethrin.
• Take a shower as soon as you can after working outdoors.
• Look for ticks on your body. Ticks can hide under the armpits, behind the knees, in the hair, and in the groin.
• Put your clothes in the dryer on high heat for 60 minutes to kill any remaining ticks.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: