Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:1. Wet hands with water.
2. Apply enough soap to cover all hand surfaces.
3. Rub hands together in a circle.
4. Put one palm on top the other hand and rub soap up and down.
5. Put palms and fingers together and rub soap up and down.
6. Put fingers of both hands together and rub soap up and down.
7. Clean thumbs by rubbing each one around several times with the other palm.
8. Clean both palms by rubbing soap around palm with fingers of the other hand.
9. Rinse hands with water.
10. Dry hands completely using a single use towel.
11. Your hands are now clean.
Wash hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds immediately after taking off PPE. If hands are soiled, wash hands with soap and water for 40-60 seconds. You may use hand sanitizer or chlorinated water, if soap and water are not available.
For African audience.
Adapted from WHO
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: