Going to the Olympic Games in Brazil?
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Global Migration and Quarantine.
Description:Zika virus is spreading in Brazil. Because Zika infection during pregnancy causes serious birth defects, pregnant women should not go to Brazil. For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/zika.
REMEMBER THE 5 PRINCIPLES OF TRAVEL HEALTH
• Try not to travel at night, and travel with a companion.
• Don’t wear expensive clothes or jewelry.
• Don’t drink too much alcohol, and don’t use drugs.
Prevent Mosquito and Other Bug Bites
• Use insect repellent on exposed skin.
• Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
• Stay in air conditioned or screened-in rooms.
• Use bed nets while sleeping if your room doesn’t have screens or air conditioning.
Get Recommended Vaccines
• All routine vaccines (including a flu shot)
• Hepatitis A
• Hepatitis B (for high-risk travelers)
• Eat food that is cooked and served hot.
• Eat raw fruits and vegetables only if they can be peeled or washed in clean water.
• Don’t drink tap water, drinks with ice, or drinks diluted with tap water.
• Download our app “Can I Eat This?”
• Avoid overcrowded, overweight, or topheavy buses or vans.
• Ride only in marked taxis that have seatbelts.
• Know local traffic laws before you get behind the wheel.
For more information visit www.cdc.gov/travel or call 800-CDC-INFO
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: