FETP : disease detectives in action
Description:CDC’s Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) works with countries to train a global workforce of disease detectives who find and stop health threats close to the source, increasing our ability to detect and respond to events in a world where the next outbreak is only a plane ride away.
In 1980, Thailand became the first country to expand FETP outside of North America. Today, over 70 countries* participate in FETPs globally.
Networks of public health professionals support field epidemiology across the globe
• AFENET African Field Epidemiology Network
• EPIET European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training
• REDSUR Network of Latin American FETPs
• SAFETYNET Southeast Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network
• EMPHNET Eastern Mediterranean Public Health Network
• TEPHINET Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network
Publication date from document properties.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: