CDC's fight against global TB
Published Date:March 21, 2016
Description:CDC’s Fight Against Global Tuberculosis
• 2 billion people infected with TB (1/3 of world population)
• 9..6 million sick with active TB
• 480,000 new cases of multi-drug resistant TB (MDR TB)
• 1.5 million deaths
Preventable, treatable, curable
• 43 million lives saved (2000 – 2014)
Source: WHO, 2015
• CDC is working with partners to identify new approaches to improve TB prevention and care worldwide.
• Developing new strategies to find and cure TB.
• Strengthening surveillance systems to identify and target hot spots.
• Transforming the World’s Approach to diagnosing TB among those with HIV.
• Informing the global roadmap to find, cure and prevent TB in children.
• Establishing best practices to end TB transmission in health facilities.
• Leading research to improve treatment for drug-resistant TB.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: