FluView : 2011-2012 Influenza Season ; Week 47 ending November 26, 2011
Published Date:December 2, 2011
Corporate Authors:National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (U.S.). Influenza Division.
Series:FluView : 2011-2012 Influenza Season ; Week 47
Description:All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.
Synopsis: During week 47 (November 20-26, 2011), influenza activity remained low in the United States.
• U.S. Virologic Surveillance: Of the 2,130 specimens tested by U.S. World Health
• Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division, 40 (1.9%) were positive for influenza.
• Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) Mortality Surveillance: The proportion of deaths
• attributed to P&I was below the epidemic threshold.
• Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality: Two influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. These deaths occurred during the 2010-11 influenza season.
• Outpatient Illness Surveillance: The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 1.4%, which is below the national baseline of 2.4%. All 10 regions reported ILI below region-specific baseline levels. All 50 states and New York City experienced minimal ILI activity and the District of Columbia had insufficient data.
• Geographic Spread of Influenza: The geographic spread of influenza in one state was reported as local; the District of Columbia, Guam, and 29 states reported sporadic activity; the U.S. Virgin Islands and 21 states reported no influenza activity, and Puerto Rico did not report.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: