Sick with Chikungunya, Dengue or Zika?
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Protect yourself and others from mosquito bites during the first week of illness.
Protect family and friends
• During the first week of illness, chikungunya, dengue, or Zika virus can be found in the blood.
• A mosquito that bites you can become infected.
• An infected mosquito can bite a family member or neighbor and make them sick.
Watch for these symptoms
See your doctor if you develop a fever with any of the following symptoms:
• Muscle or joint pain Ÿ
• Headache, especially with pain
• ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼behind the eyes
• Conjunctivitis (red eyes)
Protect yourself mosquito bites
• Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants.
• Use door and window screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
• Use insect repellent
For more information:
Publication date from document properties.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: