What does community prevention look like?
Published Date:June 2, 2015
Corporate Authors:National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (U.S.). Division of Cancer Prevention and Control.
Series:CDC Vital signs ; 2015 June
Description:What does community prevention look like Sun smart play area ?
• Sun smart outdoor recreation
• Sun smart play area
• Sun smart work
• Sun smart community pools
To protect your skin:
• Wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and other protective clothing outdoors.
• Find shade, especially during midday hours.
• Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher regularly and reapply as directed. Sunscreen is most effective when used with other sun protection (hats, sunglasses, protective clothing, shade).
• Avoid sunbathing and indoor tanning.
The Guide to Community Preventive recommends community-wide programs that combine education, mass media campaigns, and policy changes to increase skin protection.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: