Welcome to CDC stacks |
Stacks Logo
Advanced Search
Select up to three search categories and corresponding keywords using the fields to the right. Refer to the Help section for more detailed instructions.
Clear All Simple Search
Advanced Search
Genomics successes and opportunities for population-based research and practice : at a glance, 2010
Filetype[PDF-515.16 KB]

  • Description:
    Genomics is the study of all the genes in a person, as well as the interactions of those genes with each other and a person’s physical and social environment. All people are 99.9% identical in genetic makeup, but differences in the remaining 0.1% hold important clues about health and disease. The study of genomics is likely to help doctors and other health care professionals understand why some people get sick from certain infections, environmental factors, and behaviors while others do not. This information could lead to new and better ways to improve health and prevent diseases for individuals and populations.

    Public health genomics is a multidisciplinary field focused on the effective and responsible translation of genome-based knowledge and technologies into public health and clinical practice to improve population health. It uses population data on genetic variation and gene-environment interactions to develop evidence-based tools for improving health and preventing disease.

  • Main Document Checksum:
  • Supporting Files:
    No Additional Files
No Related Documents.
You May Also Like: