Field Epidemiology Training Program standard core curriculum
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.). Division of Epidemiology & Surveillance Capacity Development.
Description:Acknowledgements -- Who should read this material -- Curriculum Design Glossary -- FETP Competencies -- Curriculum at a Glance -- Competencies by Domain: Epidemiologic Methods; Biostatistics; Public Health Surveillance; Laboratory and Biosafety; Communication; Computer Technology; Management and Leadership; Prevention Effectiveness; Teaching and Mentoring; Epidemiology of Priority Diseases and Injuries -- Sample Checklist of Products Which Demonstrate Competency.
Who should read this material? : This packet is intended for epidemiologists or program staff members who are planning or currently serving as program managers for a field epidemiology training program.
What is the FETP Standard Core Curriculum Project?: One of the challenges to those starting and maintaining a field epidemiology training program is the development of a detailed program curriculum based on identified competencies. Using best practices of both science and adult education, the epidemiologists, instructional designers and public health advisors in Coordinating Office for Global Health have collaborated to create this suggested standard core curriculum for a two-year training program.
Who is the target audience of a Field Epidemiology Training program?: This curriculum was created based on the following assumptions:
FETP Target Audience Participants:
• Have health background
• Are available full time for formal training, field work & related Ministry of Health activities
• Have access to instructors and materials as needed
• Have basic computer skills, such as familiarity with basic hardware and software navigation
• Have access to required resources, including PC, email and internet access
• Require additional and consistent training during the entire two year program
• Take an active role in their education and vigorously seek solutions as issues arise
• Have the initiative to complete assignments in a timely manner
How can this curriculum help me?: This curriculum provides guidelines to assist you in developing and managing your field epidemiology training program. You can compare the suggested competencies with the priorities of your organization to plan and implement your program. Customize the curriculum based on your program’s priorities.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: