The Surgeon General's call to action to prevent and decrease overweight and obesity
Corporate Authors:United States. Public Health Service. Office of the Surgeon General. ; United States. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. ; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.) ; ... More ▼
Description:Overweight and obesity have reached nationwide epidemic proportions. Both the prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity and their associated health problems are important public health goals. To achieve these goals, The Surgeon General’s Call To Action To Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity is committed to five overarching principles:
• Promote the recognition of overweight and obesity as major public health problems.
• AssistAmericansinbalancinghealthfuleatingwithregularphysicalactiv- ity to achieve and maintain a healthy or healthier body weight.
• Identify effective and culturally appropriate interventions to prevent and treat overweight and obesity.
• Encourage environmental changes that help prevent overweight and obesity.
• Develop and enhance public-private partnerships to help implement this vision.
Suggested citation: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General’s call to action to prevent and decrease overweight and obesity. [Rockville, MD]: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General; . Available from: U.S. GPO, Washington.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: