Cleaning with 2.6% liquid bleach ; Hand washing with liquid bleach
Up-to-Date Info:To find the latest CDC information on this topic go to: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Cleaning with 2.6% liquid bleach
Use the STRONG chlorine water to clean floors, latrines, tables, and mats touched with blood, vomit, poo-poo, pee-pee, snot, spit, or sweat. Make new STRONG chlorine water every day.
1. Before starting, put on your gown, mask, face shield, and two pairs of gloves.
2. Mix 4 parts water with 1 part household bleach (2.6% chlora) every day.
3. Pour STRONG chlorine water onto clean cloth.
4. Put soaked cloth on top of spill. Let sit for 15 minutes. Then clean up and throw in waste bag.
Hand washing with liquid bleach
Use the MILD chlorine water to wash hands. Make new MILD chlorine water every day.
1. Mix 1 part household bleach and 100 parts water. This MILD solution can be made from mixing 1 part STRONG solution with 9 parts water every day.
2. Use the MILD chlorine water to wash hands.
Do NOT drink chlorine water.
Do NOT put chlorine water in mouth or eyes.
Sanitation poster created for the 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: