Cleaning with chlorine powder ; Hand washing with chlorine powder
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Cleaning with chlorine powder
Use the STRONG chlorine water to clean floors, latrines, tables, and mats touched with blood, vomit, poo-poo, pee-pee, snot, spit, or sweat. Make new STRONG chlorine water every day.
1. Before starting, put on your gown, mask, face shield, and two pairs of gloves.
2. Mix 10 spoons of HTH chlorine powder into 20 Liters of water. Make new STRONG chlorine water every day.
3. Stir well and wait 30 minutes.
4. Pour STRONG chlorine water onto clean cloth.
5. 6. 7. Put soaked cloth on top of spill. Let sit for 15 minutes. Then clean up and throw in waste bag.
Hand washing with chlorine powder
Use the MILD chlorine water to wash hands.
Make new MILD chlorine water every day.
1. Mix 1 spoon of HTH chlorine powder into 20 Liters of water. Make new MILD chlorine water every day.
2. Stir well and wait 30 minutes.
3. Use the MILD chlorine water to wash hands.
Do NOT drink chlorine water.
Do NOT put chlorine water in mouth or eyes.
Sanitation poster created for the 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak.
CS2516658-B 10.27.14 3:20pm
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: