Small steps/big difference
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Called also: Unhealthy behaviors in American adults.
Americans are living longer, but unhealthy behaviors continue to compromise our health.
• 1 in 4 adults is a current smoker
• More than one in three adults is obese
• Only one in five adults meets recommended levels of physical activity
• Fewer than half of adults with high blood pressure and less than a third of adults with high cholesterol have it under control.
Small Steps can make a big difference.
For example, if each American cut back just 100 Calories a day for 3 years, we could prevent over 57 million potentially fatal cases of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Health care workers can:
• Screen for risk factors
• Counsel, treat and monitor patients
• Encourage them to take their medicines and make healthier choices
• Connect patients to community resources
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: