Ebola virus disease (EVD) screening
Up-to-Date Info:To find the latest CDC information on this topic go to: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
Corporate Authors:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)
Description:Emergency Department screening criteria for patient isolation/testing are likely to be:
1. Fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, weakness, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain and lack of appetite, and in some cases bleeding.
2. Travel to West Africa (Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone or other countries where EVD transmission has been reported by WHO) within 21 days (3 weeks) of symptom onset.
If both criteria are met, then the patient should be moved to a private room with a bathroom, and STANDARD, CONTACT, and DROPLET precautions followed during further assessment.
IMMEDIATELY Report Person Under Investigation (PUI) for Ebola to:
1. Hospital Leadership: _______________________________________________.
2. Local and State Public Health Authorities: ______________________________.
3. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by calling the CDC Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 770-488-7100 or via email at email@example.com.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: