Influential news ; April 2016
Published Date:April 2016
Corporate Authors:National Influenza Vaccination Disparities Partnership
Series:Influential news ; April 2016
Description:2014 School Health Policies and Practices Study Results Released --￼Metropolitan Statistical Areas Still Bear Highest Burden of HIV.
NIVDP Partners Sustain Flu Vaccination Promotion Through Existing Community Programs
This issue highlights how NIVDP partners have linked with health and wellness programs in African American and Hispanic communities to promote flu vaccination. Partners have organized community events, disseminated CDC materials on influenza, and engaged stakeholders to discuss local flu vaccination efforts, best practices, and sustainability.
Partner activities included:
• Jefferson Physicians’ Foundation’s outreach efforts in Louisiana, North Carolina, and South Carolina from August, 2015 to February, 2016, that promoted flu vaccination among Hispanics;
• Baltimore City Health Department’s back-to-school pep rally at City Hall in Baltimore, Maryland on August 8, 2015, that provided school supplies, flu vaccination, and other health services;
• Genesse Health Plan’s partnership with Walmart’s “America’s Greatest Health Fair” that offered health screenings and services such as flu vaccination in Flint, Michigan, on March 13, 2016;
• NIVDP stakeholder and partner workshop in Atlanta, Georgia on March 31, 2016, that addressed local flu vaccination efforts; and
• National African American Male Wellness Walk Initiative’s 5K event in Columbus, Ohio that will disseminate flu vaccination materials and provide flu vaccines in Columbus, Ohio, on August 13, 2016.
Supporting Files:No Additional Files
You May Also Like: