States reporting chikungunya virus disease cases – United States, 2015 (as of September 15, 2015)
Published Date:September 15, 2015
Corporate Authors:National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (U.S.). Division of Vector-Borne Diseases. ; ArboNet ;
Description:2015 provisional data for the United States
• In 2015, chikungunya virus disease became a nationally notifiable condition. Cases are reported to CDC by state and local health departments using standard case definitions.
• As of September 15, 2015, a total of 433 chikungunya virus disease cases have been reported to ArboNET from 39 U.S. states for 2015 (Table 1 & Map). All reported cases occurred in travelers returning from affected areas. No locally-transmitted cases have been reported from U.S. states.
• A total of 112 chikungunya virus disease cases have been reported to ArboNET from U.S. territories (Table 2). All reported cases were locally-transmitted cases reported from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
• Table 1. Laboratory-confirmed chikungunya virus disease cases reported to ArboNET by state— United States, 2015 (as of September 15, 2015)
• Table 2. Laboratory-confirmed chikungunya virus disease
You May Also Like: